These notes are not carefully organized. As with the essays themselves, these notes are written in the mode a train-of-consciousness, only lightly edited.
Upper case words and cognates of them may be used fruitfully in constructing google.com search stings; ending with "site:essayz.com" --- without the quotation marks --- to direct the search to just this web site. REMEMBER: include only full legitimate words in search strings. Word fragments do not yield fruitful results!
001. SCIENCE EDUCATION has often been DOMINATED by TECHNOCRATS who are EMOTIONALLY IMMATURE and INSENSITIVE to STUDENTS' LEARNING READYNESS and ANXIETIES
002. HIGHER EDUCATION and LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGES have often been DOMINATED by INSENSITIVE and UNJUST GRADE POINT AVERAGE COMPUTATIONS and AVERAGES
003. HIGHER EDUCATION and LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGES have often been DOMINATED by LECTURERS which do not ENGAGE STUDENTS in THOUGHTFUL, OPEN and HONEST DIALOGUE.
004. PHYSICS DEPARTMENTS were long DOMINATED by MALES who were made uncomfortable by the presence of ATTRACTIVE FEMALES who were FULLY COMPETENT.
005. PHYSICS DEPARTMENTS following WORLD WAR II were dominated by MALE PHYSICISTS who were COMPLICIT in building the first ATOMIC BOMBS for use in WAR.
006. The writer of these essays worked with Dr. E. U. Condon of the "Atomic Scientists" as his teaching assistant in a Modern Astronomy Class and studied nuclear physics under Dr. E. U. Condon. See biographies at: E.U. CONDON
007. The writer of these essays had an office space adjacent to that of Dr. Arthur Holly Comptom of the "Atomic Scientists" and daily walked past Compton's office for 3 years. See biography at: ARTHUR H. COMPTON
008. While himself a college physicis department chairman, the writer of these essays helped to have Dr. Bernard Feld of the "Atomic Scientists" visit his college campus as an invited guest speaker about nuclear war. Read Feld's story of a memorable personal encounter with Albert Einstein: BERNARD FELD with ALBERT EINSTEIN (On the occasion of a meeting of Leo Zilard with Einstein; probably about the famous letter to President Rosovelt about the possibility of building Atomic Bombs.)
009. The many successes of OBJECTIVE SCIENTISTS with their OBJECTIVE PARADIGMS led many people to consider REFLEXIVE RELATIONSHIPS as BIASED and PREJUDICED.
011. COMPLETE NAIEVE OBJECTIVITY FOCUSES EXCLUSIVELY UPON ISOLATED OBJECTS and BEINGS treated as if they are only OBJECTS to be MANIPULATED and DOMINATED in ALIENATIVE WAYS.
012. COMPLETE NAIEVE OBJECTIVITY EXCLUDES from CONSIDERATION BEINGS KNOWN INTIMATELY and SEXUALLY through HEALTHY HONEST REFLEXIVE RELATIONSHIPS.
013. There cannot be HEALTHY HUMANE RELATIONSHIPS in the ABSENCE of HONEST CONSIDERATIONS of the RISKS of INVULNERABILITY and the absence of SAFE VULNERABILITY within TRULY INTIMATE HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS.
014. The writer of these essays served about a dozen years on the National Council of the American Association of Physics Teachers; traveling to Russia and China with about thirty leading physicis teachers and professors in October of 1983.
015. PHYSICS PROFESSORS had a long TRADITION of including virtually no instruction in TEACHING SKILLS in their PROGRAMS of PROFESSIONAL TRAINING.
016. PHYSICS PROFESSORS had a long TRADITION of including virtually no femals in their PROGRAMS of PROFESSIONAL TRAINING.
017. PHYSICS PROFESSORS had a long TRADITION of including virtually no discussions regarding HUMANE VALUES in their PROGRAMS of PROFESSIONAL TRAINING.
018. PHYSICS PROFESSORS had a long TRADITION of including virtually no study of PHILOSOPHY or RELIGIONS in their PROGRAMS of PROFESSIONAL TRAINING.
019. PHYSICS PROFESSORS had a long TRADITION of including virtually no CONSIDERATION of HEALTHY REFLEXIVE HUMANE RELATIONSHIPS in their PROGRAMS of PROFESSIONAL TRAINING.
020. The FOREIGN LANGUAGE of MATHEMATICS is the NATIVE LANGUAGE of PHYSICS and it must be WELL LEARNED and USED to truly UNDERSTAND PHYSICAL RELATIONSHIPS and INTERACTIONS as PHYSICISTS do; but MATHEMATICS is relatively useless in trying to facilitate and encourage: healthy, open, honest and dialogue within any authentic and/or intimate humane relationships.
021. The writer of these essays began college as a PHILOSOPHY MAJOR, and late ADDED a PHYSICS MAJOR to his undergraduate AB degree pogram of 1956 at the home campus of Park College which has since then evolved into PARK UNIVERSITY granting thousands of degrees annually, later earning a Physics AM degree in 1959 from Washington University in Saint Louis, Missouri, and Physics Doctorate Degrees in 1964 from Tufts University in the Boston Area; then in college physics and astronomy teaching until 1999 at Coe College Physics Department now the site of what is probably the most active undergraduate physics research institute in the world. Undergraduate students have come from around the world to study there, and have traveled to distant parts of the world to present the results of their research efforts. Coe college offers only the batchler's degree in physics, but still exceeds other institutions --- of all sizes --- in the amount-and-sophistication of undergraduate physics research.
022. The writer of these essays learned and spoke SPANISH and ENGLISH as a child, and later learned French, extensive Mathematics, and Russian for scientific professional use.
023. The writer of these essays visited Russia and China in 1983 as a member of an early "People to People" tour arranged by the American Association of Physics Teachers.
024. The writer of these essays presented an early on-disk version of the "Essays System" at the "Einstein Meets Magrite" international multi-disciplinary science-conference in Brussels, Belgium at noon on June 1st, 1995. For program listing see: Einstein-Meets-Magrit Conference. There were about six hundred people from about a dozen academic disciplines and fourty-six countries in attendance!
025. Awareness of the DOMINATION of PERSONAL ADDICTIONS and CODEPENDENCE, and of ADDICTION to NUCLEAR WEAPONS began in the mid 1980s at home and at work; and with a published talk by JACK SMITH of the STANLEY FOUNDATION in Iowa.
026. The above awareness of the many forms of DOMINATION, ADDICTIONS, and CODEPENDENCE became more clearly focused later through the writings of many authors listed in the BIBLIOGRAPHY and especially through the book "THE POWERS THAT BE" by Walter Wink.
027. The pervasive presence of our DILEMMAS with CONCENTRATIONS of WEALTH, POWER and INFLUENCE became clear through the writer's deep involvements within the National Council of the Ameerican Association of Physics Teachers, countles major positions within The Iowa Democratic Party 1974 - 2002, The National Democratic Party's 1976 National Platform Committee, the National Democratic Party's Mid-Term Convention of 1978 with its Workshop On the Platform Process initiated by the writer of these essays, and major leadership positions in East Iowa Presbytery (A federation of about 80 congregations with a total membership of about 2,000 members.) of the Presbyterian Church USA in the 1990s; often being given more concentrated power than anybody should be permitted to have; yet with no evident controversy resulting!
028. The writer has been encouraged, challenged and enlightened by many national and international students of diverse, outstanding and sometimes highly recognized abilities --- who became close friends, colleagues and confidants during the journey leading into and through the creation of the web site essayz.com. Without them essayz.com would not have come to be!
029. The writer was significantly involved at various times while in Cedar Rapids, Iowa:030. The writer has been encouraged and guided by the participation of hundreds of faithful visitors to and within essayz.com; for without their involvement this would not now be the web site that it has become!
a. In issues related to the local safety of the new Duane Arnold nuclear power plant;
getting to know graciously Duane Arnold, the CEO, with advantages to all involved.
b. In some local peace demonstrations pertaining to USA Military Adventures
in foreign countries, and in helping a major local CEO to understand the young people.
c. In addressing racial segregation, civil rights, supporting back-community-
orgaizationl-efforts, and city police-department racial-profiling.
d. In regional transportation planning and the city bus services.
e. In the re-organization of the delivery of city-wide human-services.
f. In a local neighborhood organization and its montly meetings for many years.
g. In some ecumenical activities of the mainline protestant churches.
h. In the chairing of Coe College committees on: A Self-Initiated-Computer-Center;
Library, Teacher-Education, Faculty-Evaluations, Student-Petitions;
and as the Secretary of a major overall College Reform Committee, and as a member
of the Ahtletics-Committee.
i. Helped to initiated the practice of rotating Academic-Department-Chairmanships
at Coe College, formerly with life-terms of service.
j. Helped to initiate there being student members of "faculty-committees" which led
to there being some students serving on the College Board of Trustees.
k. Served for a term as the elected Secretary of the Coe College Faculty.
l. Served for a few years as the Chairman of the Iowa-Section of the American Association
of Physics Teachers; before serving for a dozen years on its National Council.
m. Served for a few years as the Secretary of the Iowa Chapter of the American Association
of University Professors and as editor of its newletter.
n. Helped Coe College to late acknowledge the already well defined rights of Coe Students.
To continue, click on one of the hyper-links above.