RETURN TO recent.htm ESSAY-HYPER-LINKS
Students in a university course on how to help other people to mitigate their own alienative conflicts - - -
cannot be meaningful involved in such studies, so long as they are preoccupied with:
1. Winning Alienative-Conflicts,
2. Preventing others from winning Alienative-Conflicts,
3. Augmenting Alienative-Technologies - - - to Win Alienative-Conflicts,
4. Concentrating Wealth and/or Powers - - - to Win Alienative-Conflicts,
5. Identifying what people are Evil-People and/or Good-People,
6. Trying to eliminate-people who are Evil-People.
7. Trying to eliminate Things-and-Relationships that are Evil,
8. Working to refine a Hierarchical/Cast system to make it "better",
9. Refine procedures to control people's: thoughts, desires, wants, behaviors - - - to make them Be-Proper.
10. Being-in-Control of any people's thoughts, desires, wants, behaviors - - - to make them Be-Proper.
The above kinds of preoccupations stand in the way of helping people to mitigate their own Alienative-Conflicts;
because the above kinds of preoccupations create and/or augment Augment-Alienative-Conflicts.
In many university courses, students can reasonably expect to do well in the course - - - without experiencing any major
threat to their core-beliefs and traditional perspectives. That expectation will not be appropriate for students who
enroll in a course that will focus upon how to help other people to MITIGATE THEIR OWN ALIENATIVE CONFLICTS!
Many students are likely to enter such a course - - - holding core beliefs and expectations; which if held onto; will
undermine their ability to learn in the course the core: concepts, vocabularies, insights, skills and attitudes - - -
which will be central to any satisfactory learning how to help other people to MITIGATE THEIR OWN ALIENATIVE CONFLICTS!
One way to help students to assess how seriously their own background may make it hard for each of them to become
involved in helping others to MITIGATE THEIR OWN ALIENATIVE CONFLICTS - - - is to do-a-survey of the students' awareness
of some behavioral traits - - - among the people who have played the most influential roles in their lives - - - and
so to bring to light what behaviors and thought patterns each student has experienced as "routine" and maybe seen
as "normal" and not routinely-questioned.
The such a survey might include the following kinds of items.
What fraction of the most significant people in your family and influential others - - - fairly regularly:
1. Blame, shame, or say others are guilty because of "outcomes" they themselves were probably partially responsible?
2. Demand a higher level of "perfection" in others' performance - - - than they allow others to expect of them?
3. Expect others to accept some hierarchal-ordering-of-people in personal relationships, with the most-dominant-people-at-
the top of the pecking-order, and the most-vulnerable-people at the bottom of the pecking-order.
4. Shown great respect-for Domineering-People who have succeeded in accumulating the most: wealth, power and/or influence;
and/or have profited from such accumulations that have been created by others.
5. Rarely, if ever, show any concern for the hopeless situations of really-poor and terribly-vulnerable people in the world.
6. Are often concerned about systemic-distributive-injustice and lax-penalties for the most Powerful-Domineering Bullies-
7. Often spend time arguing-in-contentious ways with others who are "different"; seeking to defeat them or eliminate them?
8. Often enjoy authentic open-and-honest-dialogues with "different" people about their differing-perspectives on: current-
issues, religious-topics, human-relationships, political-contests, candidates-for-elective-office, etc.
9. Enjoy griping, complaining and/or fault-finding - - - whenever opportunities to do so arise?
10. Are often generous and hospitable to many people of diverse backgrounds.
11. Are frugal in spending discretionary income on luxuries for themselves?
12. Often act as if it is truly-and-really-important for them to get "more" of something that they already have "more-of"
than half of the crew of space-ship-Earth have ever had.
13. Have-acted-as-if-invulnerability were the key to: safety, security, redemption, salvation, heaven - - - or some other
related "status" that they covet as some people covet the above.
14. Have been addicted to some: drug, alcohol, nicotine-in-tobacco, caffeine-in-drinks; or to some illegal drug, sexual-
activities, or work pattern?
15. Have been addicted to shoplifting, gambling or other risky-behavior?
16. Have regarded themselves as essentially superior-to-other-people by virtue of: birth, heritage, inheritance, culture, morality
ethics, accomplishments, intelligence, religious-behaviors, political-service, military-service, patriotism, loyalty
or other like considerations?
17. Have considered themselves to be essentially "superior" to many people by virtue of their sophistication as regard:
diet, rituals, associations, possessions, traditions, loyalty, etc?
18. Have shown respect for their power-to-achieve-good-ends by-means-of techniques-and-technologies that regularly-generate:
alienation, resentment, distrust, anger, desires-for-revenge, and attempts to achieve security through invulnerability
and concentrations of power and wealth?
19. Commonly communicate by innuendo and implication; but rarely by direct request, suggestions, descriptions, affirmations
and or instructions.
20. Demonstrate preoccupations with fears that they have-not, cannot, and/or will not try to describe or explain.
21. Keep making the same behavioral blunder and/or mistake over and over again - - - with the same painful consequences
in a regular pattern; and have been puzzled about why their repeated great efforts do not lead to the desired, intended
and expected results.
22. Believe that it is never-prudent to-trust any-stranger or known "different-person".
23. View each person in terms of how vulnerable-to-profitable-manipulation each person is.
24. Are averse-to and/or afraid-of cooperative-patterns of behaviors.
25. Quietly engage in coordinated patterns of behaviors, to help others, and so to help the community as a whole; to enjoy
present-diverse-integrities and enduring integrative-processes.
26. Are often preoccupied with Proper-Regulation" of other people's intimate relationships, to insure proper-conformity
therein; regarding all that needs to be properly-controlled therein.
27. Believe that they and/or others can engage in highly influential/magical patterns of behavior - - - that can in
mysterious ways influence/control people's health, integrity and welfare - - - apart from evident open-and-honest
patterns of dialogue with present persons.
28. Believe that in good exclusive ways, they know what are the proper transcendent standards for the proper regulation
of human: thoughts, assumptions, desires, attitudes, beliefs and behaviors - - - of all persons.
29. Often engage in extended open and honest dialogues with different people who have focused upon many significantly
different: points-of-view, perspectives, attitudes, assumptions, beliefs, affirmations and descriptions of outcomes
that are associated with them.
30. Often listen attentively to different-other-people and seek-to-get-confirmations that offered-paraphrases of what they
heard said --- demonstrate a sympathetic understanding of what the speaker-intended to convey/share - - - thereby
demonstrating a sympathetic-understanding of what the speaker-intended to convey/share.
31. Often share significantly of their time-and-resources; to help-people who are less-fortunate and unable-to-enjoy the
fulfillment of their own efforts to:
a. Mitigate their Own-Alienative-Conflicts,
b. Mitigate their Own-Alienations,
c. Meet their own most basic healthy needs,
d. Help poor people to have their most basic needs be met.
32. Often work on helping people to Let-Go of their efforts to win at Playing Alienative-Collusive-Games-of-Mutual-Self-
Deception - - - which games cannot be won by anybody!
33. Often work on helping people to Let-Go of Non-Sustainable-Rates-of-Growth in the various ways of consuming-and-exhausting
finite-supplies in Space-Ship-Earth of: Oil, Natural-Gas, Goal, Nuclear-Fuels, Clean-Water, Clean-Air, etc.
34. Often Work-Graciously on helping people to come to terms with accurately confirmed descriptions of the diverse-
human-contributions to Global-Warming - - - up to now --- in the history of Space-Ship-Earth.
35. Work on Graciously helping people to come to terms with accurate descriptions of the consequences of Exponential-Growth
in Excessive-Human-Activities in the past and present civilizations.